My daughter LOVES breakfast breads. I can easily health-ify them to Power- UP the fiber and down the sugar, then spread with butter to get some fat…but she needs protein, too.
It’s November and the season for all-things-pumpkin!
From a traditional pumpkin bread recipe, adding almond butter adds fiber, protein and fat. Then Plant Works vanilla protein powder boosts the protein & fiber further!
** This recipe can be made with out the plant works – just add 1 t of vanilla.
Pumpkin Protein Bars
- 1/2 c pumpkin (not pie filling, but pure pumpkin)
- 1/2 c almond butter
- 1/3 c honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 scoops (1/4 c) Plant Works Vanilla protein powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t ginger
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350, grease a 9″ square pan.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 min or until set in the center.
- COOL COMPLETELY on the counter top. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving.
- Store in refrigerator.