I’ve been making this pumpkin pie for YEARS, with a graham cracker crust. It’s a basic pumpkin pie recipe that uses coconut milk in place of sweetened condensed milk and maple syrup in place of sugar. The result is a little less sweet but then I spice it up with fresh grated ginger, fresh grated nutmeg and cinnamon – YUMMMM!
When I came up with the crust-less recipe, I had to add a little gluten-free flour to thicken it up so it would set without the crust.
If you wanted to make the crust version – buy or make a graham cracker crust and omit the flour. Top with whipped coconut or regular cream for an extra treat.
Crust-less Pumpkin Pie
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (or traditional flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into greased 9″ pie pan.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until just set in the center.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature and then refrigerate for 4-6 hrs to completely chill and set.