I swear, once you start making these super simple pancakes you’ll hesitate to pull out the flour and baking powder ever again!
These are really more like crepes than pancakes as they have a thinner, “egg-ier” and less “cake-y” texture.
My family LOVES all things chocolate and the Plant Works Protein Powder is an easy addition to add a chocolatey boost to their breakfast! But these could totally be a snack or dessert – even better with some peanut or almond butter…but I digress…
This recipe makes ~ 6 pancakes 4″ in diameter. Left overs can be refrigerated for up to 4 days. I wouldn’t freeze…just eat them!
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 scoop Plant Works Chocolate Protein Powder (optional)
- 2 T cocoa powder (optional)
- butter or coconut oil to grease the pan
- Whisk well to combine all ingredients.
- Heat a skillet on medium – high heat and use 1 t butter or coconut oil to grease the pan.
- Pour 1/4 c batter onto pan and once bubbles form in the center of the pancake, reduce heat to medium and CAREFULLY flip.
- Cook on second side about 30 seconds to just set.
- Top with syrup, but they’re pretty sweet as is. A smear of peanut or almond butter, a drizzle of honey or some fresh berries would be perfect!