SOOOO many starches at traditional holiday meals! Swap the bread-based stuffing/dressing with this cauliflower one and you won’t regret it.
You can use a fresh head of cauliflower and chop or rice it yourself, or save time by buying the fresh or frozen that is already riced. Topping with fresh chopped parsley makes it pretty and you could sprinkle grated Parmesan on top and broil to up the appeal.
- 4 T butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 3 cups of riced (fresh or frozen) or finely chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 t dry sage
- 1 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 t fresh rosemary, chopped, or dried.
- salt and pepper to taste
- may need up to 1/2 c broth (chicken or veggie)
- In large pan with sides, melt butter or heat oil. Sauté onion. Add carrots and celery and sauté till soft. Add about cauliflower and cook about 8 min. Add mushrooms and season with salt, pepper, sage, fresh parsley and fresh rosemary.
- Cover and cook 15 min. Add up to 1/2 c broth if it seems dry. Using frozen cauliflower rice brings more moisture. Serve warm and eat it up!!!