No pretty pictures, yet. Just want to get this one down. You can use fresh roasted and pureed or canned pure pumpkin. Just not canned pumpkin pie mix.
Thai Pumpkin Soup
- 2 t coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 c pumpkin puree
- 2 c broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 2 c or one can of coconut milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 t thyme, dried
- 2 T red curry paste, or 1 t red curry powder.
- 1 t grated nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large stock pot, melt the coconut oil and add onion, carrot and garlic. Saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the pumpkin, broth and spices and bring to a simmer, covered, until the carrots are soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut milk. Puree with a stick blender. Alternatively, allow to cool and then pour carefully into a blender in batches.
You can serve as is or top with pumpkin seeds and chopped fresh cilantro.