Inspired by a promotional post card from a Realtor, I threw together ingredients on hand to make this colorful, nutritious one-dish meal! Didn’t have feta cheese on hand this time, but next time for sure!
This salad can be a side or complete meal, lunch or dinner. Will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator so it lends well to meal prep for the week.
This is also the type of dish I often take to parties or picnics. I’m usually tasked with a veggie dish and this is something I know I can eat and the kids will eat, when I’m not sure if there will be any healthy options on the menu.
Greek-inspired Chopped Salad -or- Layered Salad
- 2 c (or 15 oz can) garbanzo beans
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 c cucumber, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 c red/white onion, finely diced
- 2 T parsley, chopped
- Optional Additions: 1 c diced chicken, 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese, 1/2 c chopped olives
- 3T red wine vinegar
- 1 t garlic, minced
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1/4 c olive oil
In a large serving bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
1) Add salad ingredients and toss to combine with dressing.
2) Layer salad ingredients and drizzle dressing over top for a pretty presentation.
Serves 6. Can be served at room temperature or refrigerated.